Thursday, January 24, 2019

Inspiration from a 3-year Old

Hey! What's going on?
What's wrong?
I know there's something we can do.
It might not be clear and
That's why I''m here
Tell me what's bothering yo.
You've got something on your mind
Don't keep it inside
You know you're going to be fine
Hey! What's wrong?
I know there's something we can do.
     Words from a song on Doc McStuffins
I was feeling a little sad, a little out of sorts, and maybe just a touch sick. While I thought I was covering it all up quite well, my grand-daughter approached me, patted my hand, and then tenderly sang this song. My first thought, What perception! My second thought was to really listen to the words. How important and how valuable to me - and to anyone who just needs some support or a pick-me-up.
Each time she sings to me, the words vary slightly, but the meaning remains to same, although maybe  just a little more powerful because of the sweetness shared and the love reflected in her eyes. I have adopted this as my new theme song!


No comments:

Post a Comment