Tuesday, February 27, 2018

You should be feeling pretty powerful this morning. You have given yourself a quick once-over as to what may be your triggers for stress, you have practiced saying "No" to a number of people and in a number of situations, and you have started to organize your daily planner. 3 super accomplishments!
With that planner, have you been able to incorporate VITE? Vital - got to attend to; Important - but it for a few hours, days, or weeks; Table - let it simmer and re-evaluate later; and Eliminate - I simply do not need or want to do this.
As I refocused on my planner, implementing this acronym, I started to see blank areas begin to appear in my otherwise stuffed calendar. VITE clarified what I want to do, where I want to be, and with whom I want to spend time. Very helpful. I had to admit to myself, that some things that I'd like to eliminate, I can't. I'm already midway through some projects and to drop them now would not be fair to the rest of the stakeholders. But with a new focus I will be able to avoid some of these time-and-energy-sucking projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment